Monday, January 14, 2013

Celebrate the Wins!


My name is Tasha Rose and I am one of the three partners that make up Read and Learn Yoga.  I was lucky enough to have gotten involved in this wonderful vision shortly after Edie and Leeanne began their journey.  I was so excited by their enthusiasm and love for the work that they were doing, but also by their devotion to bettering the lives of children with the introduction of yoga. It was because of that excitement that I knew I wanted to be a part of this amazing company.  The struggles that children face today are becoming bigger and this seemed to me like a way to make a difference.  

I began practicing yoga about five years ago at Edie's studio and it has changed my life. After learning all of the additional benefits that it has been proven to offer children I couldn't help but want to share that with the world.  Prior to getting involved with these wonderful women I was a stay-at-home mom with a small marketing company that I managed from home.  As a mom, I am always searching for the best for my girls.  To be able to share my love for yoga with my daughters was an exciting thing for me and I couldn't wait to get started.  Well, as any mother knows, your plans and your children's don't always line up just as you think they should.  That being said, I now get to share my story on how Jeeva is bettering my daughters life.

My daughter stopped napping well over a year ago. She didn’t stop because she didn’t need the sleep, but more because her energy level is that that she doesn’t slow down enough to get the sleep that she does need. I got a Jeeva book recently after it was published, when I started working with Edie and Leeanne to spread this wonderful message.  I of course attempted to introduce it to her right away, because it was something that I loved and I hoped something that we could share together.  I also had been involved in studying the research that was available and knew well of all of the great benefits that it could offer her not only as a child, but that she could carry with her throughout her life.  This introduction came with little enthusiasm on her part. This was mainly due to the fact that her attention span, because of her energy level, often is very short. I made the decision that I was not going to force it on her, but would occasionally reintroduce it. She also was not yet four so I thought that she may still be a little young. Last week she came to me asking to do yoga. She has seen me over the course of her life head to what she would refer to as "yoya" class so it is a familiar thing to her.  As I said I had introduced it before and she had even attended the classes that Edie and Leeanne offered, so she was familiar with Jeeva and the book.  As a result, she knew that it involved the story, the practice, and the part that she loves the most, the drawing at the end. Of the five weekdays last week she came to me and asked to do yoga 3. Of those three days, within an hour of the Jeeva lesson she was asleep. I do not know if it was the breathing or the practice itself, or both that allowed her to calm enough to get the sleep that she needs but I could not be more grateful. She loves Jeeva and is becoming better and better at the poses.  Throughout the day she will also stop and show me yoga poses that she is so proud to share, which I can see is a great benefit to her confidence - not that this is something that I fear that she lacks. I am excited and encouraged by her desire to continue to practice, but also so excited to continue to see all of the positive benefits that this will bring to her life. For those of you that have children and face a similar struggle I could not help but share.  Every child is unique in their own right but this is one of the many things that may be of benefit to yours.  Thank you Jeeva.

This is one of Ava's drawings after our Jeeva practice.





As anyone that is newly beginning a company understands it is a long process.  We have worked hard to spread our message and share all of the wonderful benefits that yoga can offer children, but I could not help but share this win.  While this win is small, and part of the Read and Learn family, it is a collection of these wins that we are hoping to achieve.  These are the stories that we are so excited to hear from all of our readers, because we then will know that we are making the difference that we set out to make.  Each of us at Read and Learn share the same goal of making children's lives better.  Please share your stories, because you are all a part of the journey, and it is all about the small wins!

Hope you have a great week.

Many blessings,

Tasha with the Read and Learn Team

No comments:

Post a Comment